Traveling in Style
Michelle Chiklis is the blogger behind Carpool, Couture + Cocktails, and the wife of my dear friend, Michael. She’s always impeccably pulled-together,
so I asked her to please share some of her well-won travel tips and on-the-go style.
When I’m traveling, I like to have a game plan. I try to be as planned and prepped as I can be before ever setting foot in the airport, (most of the time, anyways). From my travel wardrobe to my packed suitcase, I’ve created my own set of tips and tricks to get me through any and every travel situation.
For starters, I don’t like to be bogged down with managing a hundred bags. While it may be hard to pare down your essentials into one sleek carry-on, I think that traveling light is the best, (and least stressful), way to travel.
Ladies, I know it can be hard to leave behind some of the many products we’ve come to rely on the daily. It’s best to limit the beauty bag to a few must-haves, especially if you want to avoid checking your luggage… Nightmare!
Here are some of the essentials I carry with me on all of my journeys:
When it comes to travel wardrobe, I like to keep it simple but functional. I don’t want to look like a travel zombie, but I also don’t want to hassle with an uncomfortable outfit either. Here’s a favorite go-to option:
- Rag and Bone red blazer. Comfortable, cute and easy to go from the plane to cocktails.
- J. Crew leopard scarf. A fun pattern to add to any solid mix and great to cover up with on the chilly plane. Warm and chic!
- Rag and Bone black heeled boots. They are beyond comfortable and easy to take on and off through the security line.
- Bvlgari prescription sunglasses. Can keep the sun out and help me read.
- Rag and Bone stretch jeans. Style with comfort. Always a great combination!
And my most important tip: Don’t let the stress of travel ruin your time away from home. Wherever you are headed, if you plan ahead, you’ll avoid the stress and really take in the experience.
Happy and safe travels everyone!
Thanks for sharing your great tips and beautiful photos with us, Michelle!