Comfort is key in making a houseguest feel right at home. Prep the room prior to your guest’s arrival with fresh sheets and fluffy towels so it’s ready when they step through your door. Stashing a couple extras in the room is an easy and much appreciated way to say, “Welcome!”
1. CB2 Glass Carafe: Keep your guests hydrated through the night and eliminate nighttime wanderings to the kitchen. Fill with filtered water, add fresh mint or sliced cucumber, and place next to the guest bed. Bonus: The lid for this carafe doubles as a cup!
2. L’Occitane Travel-Sized Toiletries: It’s easy to overlook packing shampoo, soap or body lotion. The scent of this verbena-citrus mini toiletry set is refreshing and invigorating, yet mild enough to not overpower the senses.
3. Crate and Barrel Gabriel Throw: Who wants to freeze through the night? Stash an extra cozy blanket in your guest room so they can cuddle up on chilly evenings.
4. Edifier Tick Tock MP3 Alarm Clock: This dual-purpose alarm clock is also an iPhone/iPod docking station. Your guests can recharge both themselves and their devices through the night, and can program to be woken up by their favorite tunes.
5. A Stack of Magazines: Stash some mags and a book or two on the guest room nightstand. Reading is a great way to wind down after a long day or a long journey, and can help fight the effects of jet-lag.
6. Fresh Flowers: Bright blooms bring cheer to any room. Pick up a bunch of colorful wildflowers at your local farmers’ market, snip the stems to uniform length, and pop into a mason jar or vase.
7. Anthropologie Sechura Bath Towels: Brightly-colored bath towels are a must for guests! They stand out for easy identification, so your guests don’t inadvertently dry off with someone else’s towel.