Entertaining: Overnight Guests
Comfort is key in making a houseguest feel right at home. Prep the room prior to your guest’s arrival with fresh sheets and fluffy towels so it’s ready when they step through your door. Stashing a couple extras in the room is an easy and much appreciated way to say, “Welcome!”
1. Bedside Water Carafe: Keep your guests hydrated through the night and eliminate nighttime wanderings to the kitchen. Fill with filtered water, add fresh mint or sliced cucumber, and place next to the guest bed. Bonus: The lid for this carafe doubles as a cup!
2. Travel-Sized Toiletries: It’s easy to overlook packing shampoo, soap or body lotion when heading to stay with friends or family. The scents of this French-milled toiletry set is refreshing and invigorating, yet mild enough to not overpower the senses.
3. Cozy Double Rib Throw: Who wants to freeze through the night? Stash an extra cozy blanket in your guest room so they can cuddle up on chilly evenings.
4. Edifier Tick Tock Bluetooth Alarm Clock: This dual-purpose alarm clock can connect with any Bluetooth device. Your guests can recharge themselves overnight, and can wake up to their favorite familiar tunes.
5. A Stack of Magazines: Stash some mags and a book or two on the guest room nightstand. Reading is a great way to wind down after a long day or a long journey, and can help fight the effects of jet-lag.
6. Fresh Flowers: Bright blooms bring cheer to any room. Pick up a bunch of colorful wildflowers at your local farmers’ market, snip the stems to uniform length, and pop into a mason jar or vase.
7. Bright Bath Towels: Brightly-colored bath towels are a must for guests! They stand out for easy identification, so your guests don’t inadvertently dry off with someone else’s towel.